Represent your county in Boys & Girls Clubs’ (NI) Youth Council!
Boys & Girls Clubs (NI) are giving young people in your area the opportunity to become involved in Boys & Girls Clubs’ (NI) Youth Council.
We are recruiting young people aged 14-25, from each of the six counties in Northern Ireland. Don’t miss out on the chance to represent your community!
What does it involve?
Young people’s passion, participation, and voice.
- Enjoy team building residentials
- Meet young people from different areas
- Develop confidence and skills
- Gain accredited training
- Give back to your community
- Increase employability prospects
How long do I have to be on the Youth Council for?
· A minimum of one year commitment
· Attendance at one monthly meeting and involvement/ volunteering in Boys and Girls Clubs Programmes
· Attendance to applicable training
What will I be doing?
· Inform decisions made about Boys and Girls Clubs programmes & projects
· Chance to represent the Youth Council at Board of Trustee meetings
· Involvement in club visits
· Organise interclub activities
· Plan and deliver sessions at summer programmes
What can be expected of Boys and Girls Clubs?
· Support and guidance
· Travel expenses to meetings and Boys and Girls Clubs activities where they are volunteering
· Access NI checks
Here’s what previous Youth Council members have to say…
“The residentials are the best part…meeting new people and facing your fears with the team building activities!” Megan, Aged 21
“I now have lots to write on my CV…I have just completed my Keeping Safe Training and an accredited Leadership Award! Thanks! Emer, Aged 18
How can young people get involved?
It’s easy! Send us a message on Facebook, arrange a club visit from Boys & Girls Clubs (NI), or simply contact B&GC for more information:
Phone: 9066 3321; firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Council Information
How do I apply? Contact a staff member of Boys and Girls or fill in form below and we will call you with more information.