The PHA is running a public information campaign to encourage uptake of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Timed to coincide with the vaccination programme reaching younger age groups, the campaign aims to encourage anyone aged 18 years and over and not already vaccinated to take up their invitation when called for the COVID-19 vaccine.
‘Every vaccination brings us closer, together’
The campaign features memories of life before COVID-19 with the hope of picking these moments up again in the future. The advertising also shows how getting the vaccination is a simple thing to do and will help bring us closer, not only to our friends and family, but closer to life feeling normal again.
The campaign’s key messages are:
- Even if you don’t think you need the COVID-19 vaccination it will help protect you and those close to you.
- COVID-19 vaccines are safe.
- Two doses are needed for best protection.
- It is important to continue to follow public health advice after you have been vaccinated.
- Go to www.nidirect.gov.uk/covidvaccine to learn more and to book your vaccination appointment.