QUARTER FINALS (27th November, Birmingham)
Following on from our Boxing Competition in September, a team of six boxers were selected to enter the NABGC Championships, with the Quarter Final stage being held in Birmingham on 27th November. The results from the Quarter Finals were:
- Eoin Neeson (Pegasus) lost 0-3 Raheem Mohammed (Len Woodhalls)
- Connor Renaghan (Keady) lost 1-2 Leonard Hughes (Exhall)
- Conor McCourt (Clonard) W/O
- Matthew Murnion (St. Bronagh’s) lost 0-3 Kaash Buttery (Tom Lowe)
- Dylan McNally (St. Monica’s) lost 0-3 Bradley Goldsmith (Triumph)
- Connor Kerr (Glengormely) won 3-0 Arif Khan (One Nation)
All the boys represented their clubs and region well, putting in strong performances.
The next round of the competition will see Conor McCourt take on Ibrahim Nadin (Bury) and Conor Kerr faces Mohammed Alqotail (Sheffield Lane Top) for a place in the Class C and Class D Finals respectively. Good luck to both boys this weekend as they travel to Liverpool.
SEMI-FINALS (3rd December, Liverpool)
With two boxers taking part in the NABGC Boxing Semi-Finals, our boys again travelled to England to compete for a place in the Final. Conor McCourt lost by a unanimous decision to Ibrahim Nadin (Bury), while Conor Kerr was initially awarded the win by a split decision over Mohammed Alqotaibi (Sheffield Lane Top), only to see it reversed while en route to collecting his certificate. In an extraordinary turn of events, after the event, that decision was again changed and Conor was reinstated as the winner and will compete in the Class D 60kg Final in Bristol on Sunday 11th December.
Everyone at Boys & Girls Clubs (NI) wishes Conor the best of luck as he prepared for the FInal.